Tuesday 31 May 2011

UKSPC Day 1

My Stars and tilt account finally reopened this month after putting a LOOONG self exclusion on my accounts due to revision and spew limitation. It was also done so I could learn some live poker as well. I havent posted long so let's start from April:

April:

Played UKSPC in birmingham. I wasn't that impressed at a 2-day 30 quid freezeout so I proposed a few prop bets with dannyg1989 and daveyboy for 30 quid each. They both busted 8 hours in and I managed to make day 2 with 150k and 2nd chip leader (1st was a good friend of mine from warwick).

It's hard to explain how I managed to 15x my starting stack in a day. I went from starting to 14k and then down to 4k in the first hour. Managed to make a hero call with ace high on a low paired board and it was good. Thinking about it now, it was probably a bad call.

I moved tables 4 hours later with a 50k stack. People aweing at my massive stack and the chip pyramids I was building with them. On the 2nd table, I spewed down to 30ish thousand after making too many light 3 bets. Managed to spin back up to 70 after making another hero call with 2nd pair on an AJxxx board (although I was distracted by chatting to my friend while playing the hand) and it was somehow good.

Moved table another few hours later. Again, people I recognised from Warwick. With a huge chip stack, I started to play more hands in position and 3-betting more out. Even mixing up my game by slow-playing kings. Managed to get to 130k after I cold-called KK in the CO from a MP raise. Flop was empty something like 257 or something. He checks behind, I value bet, he makes a huge over-shove (something like shoving 70k into a 6k bet). I'm thinking 'lol' and snap call. Shamefully shows QJ. WP by me i guess :)

Ended the day by counting my massive chip pyramid and decided to play jenga with my stack (to the displeasure of the other players around me. oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment