Tuesday 21 June 2011

Spew Up Spew Down.

THe last 2 months I made my first ever final tables. One on Full tilt in a $50 tourney and the other in a Stars $4 bounty tourney. I felt very happy about them because playing MTTs and not making the final tables are awful.

May was also my biggest ever winning session. Partially from final tabling the $4 on stars and taking $500 from it. But also min cashing in a UKIPT satelite for £720 and also playing in the Sunday Million for the first time ever and cashing $700. that accounts for over $2k in tournament winnings.

Since MTTs are such high variance, I was considering to reduce this by playing live tournaments and small tourney satelites. With MTTs, there's only one place that makes profitable money and that's making the top 10. Especially when you get fields of thousands and making the min-cash is not worth your time. Live tourneys are generally soft and I can treat these like small field sit and gos. (With more money to make out of them)

June has been awful for me so far. I cashed out some of my winnings to buy a new laptop and other bits and bobs. But also lost a lot playing live cash. It does tilt when you flop sets and flop the nut straights only to get sucked out by people out drawing. The best you can say is that you played it right and it just hasn't been going your way.

Anyway, I think I've done enough damage for this month so will probably not play anymore for the rest of the month until July to recouperate my bankroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment